Recumbent bikes are the exercise bikes with the comfortable bucket seats. You sit back and lower to the ground as you pedal. These exercise bikes are easy enough for even the most sedentary beginners, and they usually offer workout programs to keep the workouts from becoming mundane.
The Experts Recognize the Advantages of Recumbent Bikes
Most physicians and personal trainers recommend recumbent bikes. Recumbent bikes are better for people of all different fitness levels. You are more likely to keep up a recumbent bike routine over time, the bikes are safer, and there are different benefits for both men and women.
#1 Recumbent Bikes for All Fitness Levels
Even the most sedentary person will find a recumbent exercise bike easy to use. You can adjust the settings to offer little or no resistance as you pedal. People who are overweight will definitely find the seat much larger and more comfortable than other exercise bikes.
Athletes will find the recumbent exercise bike a challenge. The resistance can become incredibly difficult. The bike can simulate pedaling up hills. Most recumbent bikes offer various programs that will require you to sprint and tackle hills. If you want an upper body workout as you pedal, you can easily add weights and do repetitions as you sit back in the recumbent bike seat.
#2 Recumbent Bikes Offer a Sustainable Workout
The programs offered by most recumbent exercise bikes definitely keep the workout from becoming boring. You can simulate a course that is easy or difficult, flat or hilly. When shopping for exercise bikes, it’s better to get a bike with as many variations as possible.
The fact that a recumbent bike is suitable for all levels will keep you getting back on the bike. If you’re feeling particularly tired or lazy one day, you can have an easy workout where you can read a book or newspaper. If you really want to test your limits, you can crank up the music, set the machine to more difficult levels, and add some weights for an upper body workout.
#3 Recumbent Bikes are Safer
Because you sit back and lower to the ground in a recumbent bike, it is better for your body. Most exercise bikes force you to hunch over, causing a stiff back. Some dual action bikes are back injuries waiting to happen. Recumbent bikes require that you sit with good posture as you pedal.
Recumbent bikes also offer one of the few cardio workouts that put no pressure on your knees and other joints. You can’t “cheat” on a recumbent bike and stand up when you’re finding it more difficult to pedal. Standing like that on other types of exercise bikes puts unnecessary pressure on your knees and ankles. Recumbent bikes let your body exercise at an angle where your body weight is not stressing your joints. Even people with back and knee problems will find a recumbent bike easy to use.
Top Selling Recumbent Exercise Bikes
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools.
- Explore the world and discover 50plus global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed
- Fully-loaded console with DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens offers 29 workout programs and visibility to workout metrics, even when the media tray is in use
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back. Please note: This item requires assembly
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as a odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- 【8-LEVEL MAGNETIC RESISTANCE】The exercise bike with magnetic resistance can give you a smooth and whisper quiet riding experience, no worry to bother family members. 8-level magnetic resistance system customizes your workout and almost needs no maintenance
- 【Unique Handle Pulse Design】The handles of the exercise bike are padded with vinyl foam to provide a solid grip for a comfortable workout. What's more, our Magnetic Recumbent Bike has built-in hand-grip heart rate sensors located in the rear wrap-around handlebars so you can stay in a comfortable, reclined position for heart rate readings
- 【PADDED SEAT with ADJUSTABLE LEVER】The recumbent exercise bike Ergonomically designed seat and backrest furnished with comfortable high-density sponge. With the seat adjustable lever, it is easy and convenient for you to move the seat front/back, achieving customize fitness goals for almost every user
- Exclusive easy seat adjustment allows you to make seat adjustments, hassle-free, all done while remaining seated on the bike.
- Large seat and back cushion, Seat: 11L x 14.5W x 1.5H in
- Self leveling pedals with straps
- MAGNETIC TENSION: Modifying resistance on this in-home cardio machine is easy. Use the console to cycle through 16 levels of computer-controlled magnetic resistance.
- WORKOUT MODES: This magnetic recumbent bike is equipped with 12 workouts presets. you can also cycle through manual, user-customizable, target heart rate and wattage workout modes to test your cycling stamina.
- DEVICE HOLDER: Watch your favorite workout videos, television shows, or browse the web when you place your phone or tablet in the device holder while you work out.
Last update on 2022-10-02 at 17:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#4 Why Men Should Choose Recumbent Exercise Bikes
So many men neglect their lower bodies when they workout, especially in strength training. It’s common to see buffed out men with giant biceps and tiny little bird legs. That’s because it’s easier to get an upper body workout at home. If you just invest in a recumbent bike, you can set the machine to high resistance. You will build leg muscle, and you can even do curls while you pedal.
Recumbent bikes can also allow men to get a great cardio workout without the discomfort that only a man knows on regular bikes or other types of exercise bikes. With the large, comfortable seats of recumbent bikes, you are much more likely to enjoy your workout pain-free.
If you move the seat of a recumbent bike up a bit to bring your legs higher, you can even target the lower abs and have to do less crunches to get the bottom of your six-pack!
#5 Things Women Should Know About Recumbent Bikes
Two words, ladies: legs and bottoms. Recumbent exercise bikes are so comfortable and easy to use that eventually you can do workouts giving you results like you’ve spent hours a day on a stair-stepper.
Recumbent bikes can give you a fat burning cardio workout with enough resistance to help you build long, lean muscle. Picture Tina Turner legs. Recumbent bikes also are great for your inner thighs. Using different programs and settings, you will be able to target different muscle areas in your legs for longer looking, leaner legs.
According to most polls, women claim in higher numbers to not have time for exercise because of more responsibilities in the home. With the positioning of a recumbent bike, you can multi-task to more easily fit in a workout. You are able to read, catch the news, and even use a phone or your handheld organizer.
Finding a Recumbent Exercise Bike
There is quite a variety of recumbent bikes available. Because the bikes are great for any level and help you to finally be able to stick with a safe and effective workout routine, you can splurge a little. This is definitely one of the best investments you can make for your health.